Monday, July 16, 2007

Saturday & Sunday run-downs



Okay....it's been a hectic and relaxing weekend all at once. I spent a lot of time catching up on sleep, pints and homework...also did some laundry...pretty lazy. Here are some pics from the places I did see this weekend...

Here's the route we've been walking down the Thames lately to the City-- where the interesting cheaper pubs are like the Cheshire Cheese I mentioned before. The bridge in this photo is the Blackfriars Bridge, which crosses over to the city/financial district. There's also a picture here of the end of the bridge, it's pretty.

WARNING: Most of this looks like a pub crawl...






This is one of the first buildings on the other side of the Blackfriars bridge. This was the Blackfriar's pub we went to on Sunday night. It's a neat building and the inside has really beautiful art/mosaics/woodcuts of monks all over the walls. Nevermind the fact that on this particular night it smelled a little like...well....urine, but I figure it's in the City so it's possible that it's really old urine? Either way there's a huge patio and the beer tasted wonderful.


And here's a picture taken from the patio of the Blackfriar's Pub. It's dark, but you can notice the mosaic that says Saloon....









And then there's the walk home....headed back over a bridge, you can see the London Eye and the OXO building from the north bank here.


And St. Paul's Cathedral at night, again....




And then of course walking past the National Theatre towards the dorms.


I guess I just wanted to post this to show you the places that I've been walking past, every day...over and over again. It never seems to get old, and if I'm having a "bad" day or starting to get stressed out, it's very easy to take a look at the things around me and soak it all in, and everything that bothers me melts into little bits, and disappears. Of course, the pints may help, but I've created a self-imposed 4 pint limit for the time being. That stuff packs a bigger punch than I remember.
I'll be posting later on about my visits from today...and some other random photos from walking around these streets. Until then, I'm off to do homework! Cheers!

No comments: