Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Countdown begins.

So I'm sitting in my "spare room/office" staring at all of my stuff to take. I was originally going to take one suitcase, but now I'm told a bus will be taking us from the airport to the dorms, so I'm not as worried about traveling with too much luggage. I'm still going to shoot for one suitcase, but I may add an extra one, mainly to put all of my souvenirs in. :-) Let me know if anyone has any requests.

Yesterday my co-workers threw me a lovely little going-away soiree. It seriously prompted a lump in my throat and at the end of the day I had to hold back tears hugging everyone. I feel so lucky/blessed to be able to take this trip and come back to my job that I love. Even though I'm only going to be gone for 4 weeks, yesterday as I was walking from the backroom to the info desk, I thought to myself "I'm going to miss this place" which is a strange and great way to feel about your job!

One of the funniest things about the party was the attempt to sing the British National Anthem, "God Save the Queen". They basically knew the tune, but didn't know the words except for the last line (which is God Save the Queen). It was hilarious and adorable.

Astrid, if you're reading this- please send me the recipe for that great dish you made! (Everyone brought in british-types of food. It was great, and surprisingly healthy.)

At any rate, I'm still fending off a killer-headache. I had to take a vicoprofen again this morning, so I feel a little bit better but good lord, this had better stop before I get there. I'm thinking it will.

Alright, I'll have to start putting this stuff together. I'll enclose a picture for you all to see my messy messy pre-packing room. Note there aren't any clothes involved in the packing process yet. That's a WHOLE other situation. I'm still trying to figure out which shoes to take.

We'll call this room the "staging area".





Cheers!

No comments: